Tuesday 15 October 2013

The Goddess of Love changed everything...

My protagonist, Emily builds pebble hearts in the sand...

So...I'm writing this blog in Cyprus...soaking up the October sun and visiting the places Emily, my protagonist, haunts.

Last night, we went to Aphrodite's Rock at sunset.  It is the birthplace of Aphrodite, where she rose from the sea, fully formed.  As it is associated with the Goddess of Love, people often leave love tokens hanging from trees, initials scraped in rock and pebble hearts in the sand.  Wherever you look, there are hearts of all sizes and shapes.  People go there with hope...for eternal love and happiness.

The sunset last night was stunning.  We were expecting to be the only ones on the beach but there were quite a few people there, just standing and staring at the sun as it dipped beneath the surface of the sea.  It fell so quickly, but the colours were stunning.  It really was a magical moment.

In my book, Emily builds hearts there... I won't give too much away – I want you to read the book! But like Aphrodite, she is 'reborn' on the island with a hope for happiness.  You'll have to read the novel to see if her dreams come true.

I'd love this photo to be on the book cover as for me it sums the book up.  I know publishers have their own ideas – so if I ever get a deal, I'm sure I won't get my choice...but in my mind, this is it.  I already see it now in my head with the tagline – The Goddess of Love changed everything.

Who knows...it might happen?

See you next time?




No comments:

Post a Comment